Blogmas Day 7 // T5W - Books you finally want to read in 2017

One of the reasons I wanted to join the Book community online was because of T5W. It's a weekly meme where you create a list of 5 things that go with the topic. If you're interested, here's a link: T5W.

This week's topic is those books you finally want to get around to in 2017. I have a lot of books I'd like to read in the new year, but I've kept the list short and sweet with 5 so I can't wait to share them with you! Most of these books I don't even own yet, they're the books that have been at the top of my wishlist or things to buy the longest and I would very much like to get to them very soon!

Let's get on shall we?

5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Ever since watching Whitney over at whittynovels, I've been meaning to read this trilogy. It sounds like an interesting series and I'd like to read it before I start thinking about reading less YA and moving into more adult fiction. I have a feeling that won't happen for a while, but I'd still like to get round to this trilogy reasonably soon!

4. Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman
I've owned this book for possibly a year now and it's one of my most shameful unread books. I know it will be an important read, and incredibly relevant considering the political scene across the globe recently. This is a classic children's book and I have a feeling that this might be one of those books you plan on giving to your children one day.

3. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
Riordan hasn't published a book that I've read that I haven't loved yet and I know that my next read of his will need to be his Egyptian series. He always packs his books with humour, diversity and facts so I'm looking forward to reading about Ancient Egypt which I know very little about! I have a feeling that this may be a little bit different to some of his other storytelling techniques so I'm interested in seeing what that's all about!

2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
It's almost sinful that I haven't read any Austen yet but I hope to remedy this very soon! I do enjoy reading classics and it's nice to take some time to appreciate the stories that were written in the past and how they translate now. I've been trying to avoid film adaptations of P&P until I've read it, and let me tell you, as soon as I've finished this novel I will be watching the hell out of that Colin Firth adaptation. If I'm completely honest, that may be my main motivator...!

1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I've been waiting to read this series until most of it was published and 2017 marks the year that the final book (does it have a title yet?) is published. So, this is the perfect opportunity to start it! I've successfully managed to avoid all spoilers except for one about Celaena's name change, but I read Allegiant knowing Tris died so it's not the end of the world. There's some mixed opinions about the series and I hope that I haven't hyped it up whilst waiting and have reasonable expectations as to what it will actually be like.

There you have it, five books you may see me reading in 2017! Here's hoping that I won't get distracted by all the other books and actually stay to this list! How was your day? Let me know below!

Happy reading,
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts