Blogmas Day 11 // Why I buy eBooks

Ever since buying my kindle last year, I've constantly been buying eBooks to fill up the virtual shelves. However, as they're essentially just a glorified PDF, I try to make sure to spend no more than £2 per book. If they're more expensive I tend to just buy the physical edition instead. Enough of that though, I'm here to tell you about why I buy eBooks - not the process behind it!

One of the first reasons I buy eBooks is that it encourages me to use the library. This may seem slightly unusual, but I often end up buying the first book of a series on Kindle and then borrowing the sequels from the library. After all, I don't want to just own the second and third books in series if I can't display the first. This has meant that I've been using the library more which is always a good thing, and I don't have to spend as much on books! Honestly, after finding out about the online reservation system they have, my life changed completely. Really, I'm buying eBooks to help support the libraries and to save a little bit of money.

The next reason I buy eBooks is because I'm trying to become less materialistic. When it comes to books, I often have a serious idea of whether I'm going to get a physical paperback or just the eBook. But, the daily deals that Amazon have on their eBooks means that I start favouring saving money over a pretty cover and spine. Obviously, I'm never going to stop buying physical books and I love having full shelves, but I also like being practical and making the best decision for the prices at the time.

Probably the last reason I buy eBooks is practicality. When you go on holiday for two weeks and only have enough room in your bag for three paperbacks, you tend to be in a bit of a pickle. So why not buy some eBooks so you can read them anywhere, anytime? I worked my way through about 5 books whilst in Spain this summer, and I'm so happy I didn't have to lug them all around with me! I often find myself bringing my Kindle when I stay places overnight or am just going away for the weekend. It's so much more practical and you don't have to worry about bending the pages or creasing the cover.

All in all, I have to say that I'm quite converted to buying eBooks and I really love reading them. I know that I'll never give up physical books completely (how could I?) but I definitely want to be able to read in the most places possible. eBooks give me the opportunity to do that. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be raving about audiobooks! I have to say, I'm still not quite sold on them just yet.

I'll leave you and love you,
Happy reading,
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts