Blogmas Day 20 // Christmas Baking

Orginally, this was going to be a really cute post with pictures of all the different Christmassy things I'd cooked recently. However, there's a slight problem with that as I haven't baked anything this month. Oh well.

Instead I thought I would tell you the top three Christmas goods to bake and hopefully I'll get round to baking some soon!

Gingerbread
Is it even Christmas if you aren't baking gingerbread? This one is a classic staple during the holiday season and I can't wait to see all the different houses that are going to be constructed! I think that this treat is perfect to share with friends and family because not only do you bake it together, but you also get to decorate and build together. If that isn't teamwork, I don't know what is! The spices are so warm and toasty whilst still being sweet enough to keep you coming back for more. Now, I'm getting peckish for gingerbread, might have to go bake some now...

Chai Tea Cookies
Ever since Taylor Swift posted the recipe she used for Chai tea cookies, I have been baking them. We especially bought a box of vanilla Chai tea just to be used in these cookies and I have to say, they don't disappoint! They don't taste overly strongly of tea, but have that nice spiced quality that is almost similar to the gingerbread I was talking about earlier. Tay also paired her cookies with eggnog icing which I, of course, decided I would try as well. The first batch I made went without icing and tasted fine, but the icing really does add a little extra sweetness. The tea flavour itself isn't overly sweet so the sugar in the icing helps to balance it out. These are probably my favourite Christmas cookie.

Cheesy Trees
You might not know it, but cheesy scones cut into the shape of Christmas trees or over festive shapes are delicious. You can always add extra things like pepperoni or ham or peppers to add a little more flavour or substance. Personally, I think the original cheese is the best. They're best served warm and gooey, straight from the oven and into your eager mouth. When they're cooked to a gorgeous golden brown, it doesn't matter that they aren't a traditionally Christmas flavoured treat, and they look great with a spread of food in the evening of Christmas day.

Honestly, writing this is making me so hungry and I really have that baking buzz. Hopefully, I'll be able to bake something soon! Have a lovely day everyone.

Happy reading,
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts