Top Five // Authors You'd Like to Meet

I was thinking about giving T5W a go but I decided that before I jump into the weekly meme that I would give you some top fives from some of the previous topics. This topic was taken from the January 2015 topics. Here we go!


5. Lucy Ribchester - Author of one of my all-time favourite books, The Hourglass Factory, Ribchester seems like the ideal person to be friends with. Her book is all about suffragettes and the circus so we'd probably have some great conversations discussing feminism and how much we both love the circus vibe! She also owns a dog who is rather cute, so that would be an added bonus of meeting Lucy Ribchester!


Lucy Ribchester

4. Philippa Gregory - I love history, and Gregory's Cousins' War series was my first dive into historical fiction. It was her books that have inspired me to become a history teacher, and although they may not be historically accurate they still capture an amazing atmosphere of what it must have been like to live in those times. Gregory is also a historian so I feel that if I were to meet her I'd gain some great knowledge about the past.

Philippa Gregory

3. Holly Black – I’ve read The Iron Trial and The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, both of which I absolutely loved, and Holly Black seems like such an interesting person to meet. I love her writing style and the stories she tells, so even just getting to meet her would be awesome. She’s also friends with Cassandra Clare, so it would be great if I could meet them both at the same time for a panel or signing because I’d love to see them together
Holly Black
.
2. Rainbow Rowell - We all know how cute and relatable Rainbow's books are, so it would be an awesome experience to meet the woman behind the characters that I love so much. I can't help but think she'll be completely awesome and really funny so she'd be the ideal person to meet. I've heard great things from people who've gone to her events so hopefully if I ever meet her we'll get along really well!
Image result for rainbow rowell

1. Patrick Ness - I've only read two of his books, but Patrick Ness is quickly becoming the sort of author I really admire and support. Four of the books on my TBR are written by him and I can't wait to find out what else he's written. Ness seems like an awesome person and anybody who could write such great stories must be great in real life as well. It would be interesting to get to know him and how he thinks of such original stories
.
Patrick Ness

Which authors are on your list?

A x

Comments

Popular Posts