Blogmas Day 23 // Cosy Reads

For today's actual post I thought I'd recommend you some nice cosy books to read as in the northern hemisphere it's rather chilly and whenever it's cold I like to snuggle up with some tea and a good book. I have four books you may want to pick up in this colder weather, hope you enjoy!

Northern Lights by Philip Pullman
This is probably considered a modern classic by now, and I know that it is extremely popular, which is one of the reasons this book is so warm.You really get that sense of being part of the book community which always makes me feel warm inside because books. I also think that Northern Lights has a really wonderful atmosphere and Pullman's writing is so wonderful to follow. We only stay in Oxford for a short amount of time, but that environment of a well to-do university adds to that warmth because of the musk of it all. Whilst Lyra's travelling we also get a whole range of great characters who also feel quite homely.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Although reading about a competition that involves mass murder isn't typically considered to be all that cosy, THG does have some cosy qualities. I always associate this book to my friends and getting together with them for sleepovers and cinema trips. This book played such an important role in helping to define my reading style that it brings this sense of home and it's always good to go back to your roots when it comes to books. I haven't reread this series in a while, so I think I may have to pick them up again and then have a good old movie marathon. Nothing beats the feeling of friendship these books bring.

Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery

Anne Shirley is one of the most exuberant protagonists you'll ever find in a book and she is the perfect person to curl up with on a wintery evening. The setting of Prince Edward Island also adds that extra sense of everyone really loving each other, and it truly feels like a close-knit community where everyone gets along. Anne's adventures are fun, bright and funny which makes them perfect for when you need to bring a little more colour into your life and need a little warming up. The friendship between Anne and Diana is so perfect and will remind you of your own childhood, probably and the fun you used to have.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

There is something so pure and warm about Rowell's books that I think each of them is a hug in a book. From emergency dance parties to reading aloud, Fangirl is the epitome of a cosy read - especially when it takes place in the autumn when everything is so fantastic in shades of brown. It's really a time when the world is in change and new things begin. Like school, but we won't dwell on the negatives. Cath truly does embody so many elements of the typical fangirl and even if you can't relate to her character 100% you'll still see part of yourself in her, I'm sure. If you've been through university I'm sure this will hold more nostalgia for you than it did for me, but either way, you'll love it.

There you have it! Four cosy reads to get you through the cold weather and into spring! I hope you decide to pick some of them up and I can't wait to hear what you think of them.

Happy reading,
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts