Book-Tube-A-Thon 2016 // My TBR and general plans for the week

It seems as though I'm starting every blog post with a "I'm sorry I haven't posted in ages..." and this one is no exception! However, this time is different. I actually have a *sort of* schedule. By that, I mean I'm pre-writing a load of posts and scheduling them to be published for the weeks ahead. Therefore, you should be getting a weekly post for at least the next three weeks!

Back to the whole point of this then!

From the 18th to the 24th July I'll be participating in the annual Book-Tube-A-Thon event! Now, you may be thinking, "but Amelia, you don't have a BookTube channel?" That is true, but I love to watch BookTube videos and I couldn't miss out on the chance to take part in this event that celebrates the community. This event has daily video and Instagram challenges which I want to take part in. However, what with not having a BookTube channel, I'll be posting the video challenges on my Instagram as well... I think. Might have to check to see if that counts! But making the video will be fun anyway. If you want to keep an eye out for these challenges then I'd suggest following my Instagram account by clicking here. That should have all the updates you need!

The most exciting part of this readathon is the challenges that help make up your TBR and I'm so excited to share mine with you!
There are 7 challenges and I'll run through each one and the book I've chosen for it!

A Book With Yellow on the Cover: Spot the Difference by Juno Dawson
This is a short novella released on World Book Day this year and I thought this would be a great speedy read to help push up my book total by the end of the week! Also, I've never read any of Dawson's work and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

A Book to be Read Only After Sunset: Ode To London edited by Jane McMorland Hunter
Poetry about London should be quick to fly through, especially when the book contains gorgeous artwork of the city inside! It contains poems from TS Eliot, John Betjeman and Wordsworth. Hopefully I'll find some female poets on the inside as well! But, I haven't read much poetry and I feel this collection will be a great way to find some new poets.

A Book Discovered Through Booktube: The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
Considering I won my copy of the book through a giveaway hosted on Booktube by PippityBop you can't get much closer to discovery via Booktube than that. This looks to be a contemporary with a twist of time travel which I hope will be interesting and keep me hooked!

A Book by Your Favourite Author: Soulmates by Holly Bourne
This is the last of Holly's books I have to read and I'm both thrilled and nervous to read her debut novel. Once I've finished this one I'm hoping to do a focused post on Holly Bourne and why I love her books. As far as I'm aware, Soulmates is about a pair of teenagers who are soulmates (funnily enough) and an organisation is trying to tear them apart? I don't know exactly, but with Holly it's hard to go wrong!

A Book That's Older Than You: I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
I think this challenge is really great. First of all, it allows you to check out some of the classics you might have missed out on. Second, it draws the focus away from all the new releases and allows everyone to have a proper look at the books that have been sitting on their shelves for years. I had a couple of options for this challenge (either Maya Angelou or Barbara Comyns) and I decided on Angelou as I'd never read anything by her before.

Read and Watch a Book-to-Movie Adaptation: The Martian by Andy Weir
My options were quite limited for this. It turns out I don't own many unread books that are going to be turned into movies! Nonetheless, I have only heard positive things about this book and I hope I form a similar opinion once I've read it. Also, as chance would have it, I own the movie tie in edition so it's almost as if this book was made for me to read for this challenge.

Read 7 Books: Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff
I don't expect I'll manage to read all 7 books in one week but this one's fairly short so it should be doable and it could double up for some of the other challenges if I don't fancy the others! There is snow on the cover so I hope it isn't a Christmas read, but I'm sure the story will be good despite unfortunate seasonal timings. It sounds like it might be a bit of a road trip so I'm looking forward to where it'll take me!

I'm planning on reading both Soulmates and Spot the Difference last as they're both Kindle Books and as I go on holiday on the last day of the event (and am only bringing my Kindle to read from) it would be best if I leave those books as late in the read-a-thon as possible.
The physical TBR books I own (others are in eBook form)

So, that's my BookTubeAThon TBR all sorted out! What are you planning to read this week?

Keep an eye out for me on Instagram and Twitter as that's where I'll be posting updates about my progress throughout the week! Good luck to all those participating

Happy Reading,
A x

Comments

Popular Posts