Top 5 Wednesday // 7/09/16 - Characters You'd Want as Family

Hey all! Look at this, my first T5W! If you don’t know what T5W here’s a link to the Goodreads group for more information: x. I have previously done a T5W, but I chose an old topic whereas now I’m doing the real deal!

This week’s topic is all about which characters you’d like as part of your family and, I have to say, this is quite an exciting topic! Most of the time we focus on the characters we want to be, or aspire to be like and this topic allows us to focus more on the characters we want to surround ourselves with.

Without further ado, here’s my top 5!

Mark Watney – DAD (from The Martian)
I think having Mark Watney as your dad would be awesome. If you’ve read The Martian you’ll know that Watney has a hilarious sense of humour, and who doesn’t love a good dad joke? Also, you get bragging rights about the fact your dad has been to Mars, so that’s a plus! However, there is a brief moment when you think your dad has died on Mars, so maybe that wouldn’t be the best…


 Beatrice – MUM (from Much Ado About Nothing)
When I read Much Ado, Beatrice was instantly my favourite character with her spunky attitude and modern outlook on life; therefore wouldn’t she make a great mum? Imagine all the great stories she’d tell about how she met your dad, and all the banter they had. Now that’s a parents love story I can get behind! Also, Beatrice comes from Italy so I’ll get to enjoy many trips there to visit her family. Seems like a no-brainer really!


       Robb Stark – BROTHER (from A Song of Ice and Fire)
I’m not going to beat about the bush, Robb is hot and if this wasn’t about family, he’d be my number one. But I’m no Lannister. Other than being attractive, I also value Robb’s sense of family and how much he cares about his siblings. His relationships with Arya and Jon are probably the ones I’d most like to experience myself, but I think how he treats Bran is also rather admirable. Obviously I’d only want to be Robb’s sister before the events of the series because there’s no way in hell I’d survive that war!

Anne Shirley – COUSIN (from Anne of Green Gables)
Anne is one of the most wonderful heroines you can ever read about and her spirit and character are what make her so perfect. I don’t think I’d like to be sisters with Anne as we both have a bit of a temper on us, so we’d probably dissolve into fights all the time, but I think being cousins would be much more fun. I can imagine growing up with her at different family gatherings and later on in life keeping in touch and meeting up again. Also, who wouldn’t want to be a part of Prince Edward Island and all the wonderful people who live there?


Eddard Stark – DAD (from A Song of Ice and Fire)
Okay, so now I have two dads and a mum which is a little out of the ordinary, but we’ll roll with it. Ned is one of the true heroes of this series and I feel like if he was my father I’d learn so much about honour, respect and how to treat people properly. The fact that Ned is such an honest man means you’ll never want to do anything wrong and I might even grow into a respectable daughter! XD As there are two Starks on this list I’m sure you can tell that I have a little soft spot for ASOIAF, which is probably because I’m reading the books for the first time!


Okay, so there’s my top 5! Which characters would you like to part of your family? Leave me a comment below!

Happy reading

A x

Comments

Popular Posts