Bookish Musings // Slowing Down the Pace

Hey guys,

As you saw from my 2015 wrap up, I read 120 books last year. That was an amazing achievement that I was super proud of, and it really upped my expectations for my reading in 2016.

However...

This is a very important year for me, in terms of school. I'll be sitting my GCSEs from May to June and then there's the highly anticipated prom. But then, when September comes around I'll be trying out the A-Level feeling for the first time. So, that's a lot of stress to deal with. And it comes with a lot of revision! All of this has added up to mean that I've had less time for reading.

True, it's only January, but I've decided to slow down with my reading, focus on my studies and grades for a while. My GoodReads goal this year is down to 75 and I'm only on my second book of the year (Jane Eyre). So, I may not be reading as many books as 2015, but I'll be savouring the ones I do, and enjoying them all the more.

It doesn't help my reading speed that I'm trying to read more classics. They're time consuming and can be quite difficult to get through in shorts amount of time. Luckily, they're brilliant stories and I can't wait to dive into some Austen!

So, that's all for today. I just thought I'd let you know if there was less input (I'm not putting much input into this blog right now - that will change!) to the blog, and what to expect in the future.

Happy reading,
A x

Comments

Popular Posts