Self-Isolation TBR

Well, long time no see! You know it must be bad when she returns to a desolate blog after who knows how many years, haha.

In any case, I shan't bore you with excuses and explanations, let's jump straight in to what this post is about...what I'm planning on reading this self-isolation!

I'm currently reading the last book in Katherine Arden's Winternight trilogy, The Winter of the Witch and I am loving this series overall. It's not quite a 5 star read for me but I'm really enjoying learning about Russian folklore, which unsurprisingly, I knew very little about going in to the series.

I'm more than certain that I'll have finished The Winter of the Witch before the day is done (hello Miss Optimistic) and so I need to have a think about what books I should be reading next....

1. Dead Blondes and Bad Mothers by Sady Doyle
I saw this non-fiction essay collection in a video by Jean and Lauren where they were discussing the new reading list for their Feminist Orchestra book club and I was lucky enough to receive it for my birthday a few weeks later. This will be a fascinating read and hopefully keep me feeling educated during this time of immense downtime. I'm excited to learn!

2. Vox by Christina Dalcher
Another feminist read, this one about a dystopian society where women are only allowed to say 100 words a day - scary. I'm hoping this will be the right kind of escapism for me, getting me worked up about patriarchy but also helping me look away from the current state of affairs.

3. The Confession by Jessie Burton
I love Jessie Burton. Her second novel The Muse remains one of my favourite books of all time, my goodness it is brilliant. As you can tell from that, I am most excited to read another book from this absolute legend. Also, defo follow her on insta - her stories are perfection

4. The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern
Like most of us, I have been waiting in anticipation for another book by this wonder. The Night Circus was a fabulous read and I'm excited to see what else she has in store for us. I can't imagine the pressure of having to write another book after The Night Circus so I'm lowering my expectations so I can judge it fairly.

5. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Okay, so this is a bit of fun. Since getting back from uni I've been really in the mood to reread the Mortal Instruments books, which is a 6 book series, but hey I have the time now! I still have so many unread books so I always feel guilty having a reread (how stupid of me!) but with so much time on my hands I think now is the perfect time to dive back into the world of Clary and Jace.

So, there's my top 5 things to read during self-isolation, what are you planning on reading? I would love to know!

Peace and love,
A x

Comments

Popular Posts