SwiftBooks13 // Desert Island Disc

Have any of you heard of Desert Island Discs? If you live in the UK then you most likely have as BBC Radio 4 has been running the programme since 1942. The basic concept is that if you were stuck on a desert island which 8 records, 1 novel and 1 luxury item you would bring with you. Today, I thought I'd tell you my desert island picks! Hope you enjoy.

8 Records

1. I Know Places
2. Clean
3. Our Song
4. We Didn't Start the Fire
5. Fight Song
6. Holy Ground
7. Riptide
8. Bloodstream

I don't feel I need to explain each record individually. Picks 1,2,3 and 6 have been chosen because I love Taylor Swift and these are some of my favourite songs from her. Fight Song I chose because it's so empowering and will encourage me to get myself moving so I can get off this island! I think We Didn't Start the Fire is a super fun song and all this time on the desert island will give me plenty of time to learn all the lyrics! Finally, picks 7 & 8 I chose just because I like them. Ha, I'll be having plenty of fun on this island on my own with these tunes!

1 Novel

Can I have a trilogy? Please? If the answer's yes, then I'll  be packing Holly Bourne's Normal trilogy because it's packed with romance, female friendship and feminism. It'll be perfect for my many hours spent on the warm sand of an island beach.

But, if you're a bit of a stickler for the rules then the single book I'd take would be To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee which is my all time favourite stand-alone. I love this book because of the strong metaphors and morals which I think are clever and wonderful.

1 Luxury Item

This is a hard one. Seriously, what would I bring - there's so much I'll have to leave behind! I think I'll probably be bringing a solar powered iPod touch with me. Yes, I know they're not really solar powered just yet, but I'm sure you can buy a charger that will work in that way. Hopefully... Anyway, this will mean I will always have some form of entertainment if I get bored of my book(s).

So, what are your desert island picks? Let me know in the comments!

Happy reading,
Ax

Comments

Popular Posts