TOP 5 WEDNESDAY ||| Historical Books

Hey,

Welcome to my very first T5W blog post! If you don't know what T5W is then let me explain... Lainey (GingerReadsLainey on YouTube) set up a Goodreads group where  you basically list your top 5 books for each topic listed. This is a Thursday, so it is a little late but I love historical fiction so I really wanted this to be one of my first T5W blog posts!

5. The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan
When I read this book this year I was captivated by mystery of the plot and the unreliable narrator. The author actually did a Q&A on Goodreads where she answered my question which was pretty cool! Also, this cover is just beatiful.

4. The Secret Countess by Eva Ibbotson
My cousin gave me this book after she gave up on it. I found the cliché love story enjoy to read and it felt just like a historical chikc-lit. Typical plotline of a rich girl becoming poor and having to work in a rich man's house whom she falls in love with. Really cute though.

3. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
I am a huge fan of Natalie Portman, and that is mainly down to my Star Wars obsession. Unfortunately, I have yet to see the movie but the book was great! Quite a bit of graphic sexual stuff though, so I'm leaving the sequel until I'm a little bit older.


2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
This was one of the first historical fiction novels I've ever read. It's set in the southern states of the USA (which one I can't remember) and follows three black maids and a white woman. It's an incredible story about racism and people in general. Strongly recommend.

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
If this book isn't the top of your list for historical books then obviously you haven't read it yet. I personally didn't cry but it was such an emotional book and I love every aspect about it. It's sohard to put my love for this book into words. Truly amazing. You need to read it.

I hope you enjoyed finding out what my top 5 historical reads are. I'll be back with another blog post soon!

Tally-ho!

Comments

Popular Posts